Monday, June 3, 2013

Hey!! Sounds like everything's going pretty good now that school is out! So Ashlee is gone now? Crazy...I'm going to have to write her while she is out on her mission. Yeah you can give me her blog. I'll get on it and read all about her crazy adventures. I get on my blog a lot even though it's just the letters I write to you! So if you ever want to put like a hidden note on that blog for me I'll probably see it...or other cool stuff. Remember how I told you guys that we get an hour a day to go to the library and get on the church websites. Like lds.org or mormon.org, we can also get on blogs. I know lds.org from like the inside out. My mission Pres. is real laid back when it comes to what missionaries can do. He lets us act as agents for ourselves and not as objects. It's pretty nice. So I got the package you sent me. Thanks. The snacks were good too. So lately I've been eating super healthy and trying to watch what I eat. I'm almost down to 170. I've been eating a lot of grapefruit and its been helping a lot. I'm glad I'm skinny again. :) (and all through high school he wanted to put on weight...from mom:)  So my week was a pretty good week. We had a lesson with Candace. That's the girl that's 20 years old and moved from Utah I was telling you about last week. She is super solid. So at our lesson we found out a little bit more about her. I guess in Utah she would always go to church with her friends. She did that for about 5 years I think. She even got her Young Women's medallion thingy...so she knows everything. She has already read the whole Book of Mormon. She just didn't feel it was the right time for her to get baptized. So we had our lesson over at our Bishop's house. It was the best lesson I've ever been in. The spirit was so strong. It was the first time I got emotional during a lesson. It was so sweet. So she accepted to get baptized on the 22nd of this month. We have another lesson with her tomorrow night. She is awesome. Tonight we have a lesson with another one of our investigators. He is progressing slowly so it's kind of a struggle with him. He really wants to get baptized but he has a really bad smoking problem. He enjoys us coming over because he really wants us to help him out. So we will see how it goes with him. That's really the only stuff we have going for us in this area. We finally got sisters in this area. They are working both areas. I'm pretty sure both wards love them both more than they love the Elders. All the members in our ward were flocking to their dinner calendar to sign up for them and they would just walk right past ours. So the sisters are stealing all our dinner appointments. And all the members are telling them to go see the people we are already seeing. haha  So we're going to be left with nothing to do here pretty soon. :)  So I forgot to tell you guys about this last week but I guess I'll tell you now  that it's a week old. So Elder Mapa has the hook ups with football players. He has a lot of cousins and buddies in the NFL and College. He actually has a friend from back home that's playing at LSU right now. He's huge. 6'6" 300+.  .So he got a hold of him and he got him to come down to Gonzo to hang out with us. So we went and played ball with him and went out to eat. His name is Hoko Fanaika so if you ever see LSU playing this year remember that name.   He's probably going to go to the NFL. So it was pretty cool that we got to hang out with him for a while. He said he is going to get some of the other LSU players to come down and play ball with us. It's pretty sweet. Well anyways that's about all for this week. I love you and miss you all.
Elder Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment