Monday, June 17, 2013

Hey happy late Father's Day Dad!!! Too bad I can't call for fathers day but just know that you're awesome and thanks for everything!  Well my week was a pretty good one. Today was a sweet day. We are emailing late because we went down to New Orleans this morning. A member took us down there again and we got to see more things this time because the member lived there for a while and knew the area pretty good. There are a lot of tourists down there this time of the year. It was super hot though. I was sweating pretty bad walking around downtown New Orleans. I'll try and send you some pictures. So grandmas place got flooded pretty bad? That's no fun! Every single time it rains here it floods. All the bayous will overflow and there will be water everywhere. Anyways I'm glad that you got the picture of me. We had a sweet time over at their house for dinner. They are a super cool family. Yeah my eye did get scratched somehow and it was irritated real bad. You know how I was really sick last week? Well right when I was starting to get over it my eye got infected and I ended up getting pink eye. I had to call Sis Wall for it and get eye drops for it. That lasted for a few days. As of right now everything is fine with me. I'm not sick in any way!   We had another lesson with C. this past week which went super good. I asked her why she decided to start coming to church again after going in Utah for a while. Some missionaries a while ago left a pass along card on her door but she didn't think anything of it. After a few months or so she came across it and thought about it and decided that it would be best for her to start going to church again. Now she's getting baptized. So everything is set for our baptism with C. this Saturday. She is super excited for it. We still have to help her get her program together. I'll try to take some pictures and send them to you next week. I'm real excited for her. There was another sweet little miracle that happened this week. We got a call from this guy here that wanted to know if our church is doing baptisms for Father's day? He told us that a few years ago some missionaries gave him a Book of Mormon with their numbers in it. He didn't want anything to do with it. After a couple years he came across the book  while cleaning and decided to read it. He gained a testimony of it and wanted to meet with us. We went and had a lesson with him. He accepted a date to get baptized later on in July. He also came to church this past Sunday. He is real sincere and solid. So those 2 experiences with C. and this other guy J. really strengthened my testimony of pass along cards or leaving a Book of Mormon. You never know when they are going to come across it and decide to check it out. It may be a few years. That's probably something dad can do at his office. Just get some B of M's with the missionaries number in it and just leave it on the desk. You never know who will come across it and maybe in a couple years they will want to find out if it is true. So we got some pretty good things in our area right now. It's harvesting time. Yeah I don't know what's going on with the missionary broadcast. I know it's going to be good. President Monson and Packer will be speaking i think. Haha opening China? That would be pretty intense. Maybe Jaden could be one of the first missionaries in China? So Bishop Franco emailed me and wanted me to write a letter to you guys about some experiences I've had and some counsel to the youth to read in sac. meeting? I'll see what I can do. I'll try and do that. Even though that's not the ward I left from.   Well that's pretty much my week. All y'all have a great week. :) I love you.
Elder Willis



No comments:

Post a Comment