Monday, January 27, 2014

Hey!!
So you sound pretty anxious to hear about my new area. I think you will like hearing about this area. It might be a little surprising because it surprised me when I found out. So I'm no longer in Louisiana....haha I got transferred to Natchez, Mississippi. Yeah it's pretty crazy. If you look on a map it's like way out in the middle of nowhere. I feel super isolated out here. My companion is Elder Virgin. He's from West Jordan, Utah. He goes home a transfer after me. There are 2 other sisters out here and that is our district. Natchez is quite an interesting place. It's one of the most historic places in America. I have found out a lot about Natchez since I have been here. Let's see...it's the oldest settlement on the Mississippi river. At one time there were more millionaires living in this city than any other place in America. All the millionaires lived in huge Antebellum houses. So pretty much the whole town is huge, old, Antebellum houses. There are more Antebellum houses here than any other city in America. It's actually super cool. All these houses really make this place feel like a real southern town. Also the people here tell me that Natchez is one of the most haunted places in America. I guess all these old abandoned antebellum houses are haunted. Haha. So yeah this place is quite interesting. There definitely is a different feel about this place. It kinda reminds me of home a little bit because Natchez has a ton of hills. On the 3 or so hour drive up here we drove up and down a bunch of hills. It was kind of like the drive from Show Low to Heber.   Ohh and also I'm in a bike area again. I wasn't too happy about that. This is my 3rd bike area in a row. All these hills are a killer trying to ride up. Maybe it will build up my leg muscles :) So yeah that's Natchez, Mississippi for you. If you look up the town on the Internet it will probably have a lot of stuff about it. Now I can say I served my mission in Louisiana and Mississippi. I'm also now in the Alexandria zone. Now I have served in every zone. The people here are super nice. It's a little ward here. It shouldn't be a ward. It should be a branch because there are like 40-50 members here. I think the people here are the nicest people I have met so far. They are so down to earth. Now that I'm in Mississippi I get some real southern hospitality. I think I will probably like it here. It will just take a few weeks to get settled down and comfortable here. We don't live in an apartment either. We live in a regular neighborhood in a little house. The house is kinda crappy. Inside it's like a cabin. All wood floors and wood walls. We also have 1 little heater so it's pretty cold. The weather here has been super cold lately. There was a big cold storm that came through. And guess what happened? It snowed....yeah just like half an inch. It was pretty sweet. They said it was like the first time in 4 years or something. I'll send you some pictures of it. So the work here is pretty slow too. We have a couple people we are working with but nothing too promising right now. We do a lot of service....shocking. The other day we went and painted this guys house for him. We only got like 2 rooms done. When the weather warms up a bit we are going to go over and finish painting his house. Then I think the Bishop wants us to help him paint his house too. So we will probably be pretty busy with service these next couple weeks. So that's about it for this week for me. Just serving up in Natchez Mississippi. I probably won't see other missionaries for a while.. I don't know if President is punishing me by sending me way out here.. Oh and we are pretty much in charge of the Young Men's too. So you can say we are the Young Men's Presidents. We have young men's with them every Wednesday. It should be fun coming up with stuff to do with them. We have like 3 young men in this ward. I guess there is not enough priesthood for a young men's president. Well that's my week. I hope you guys have a good week. Remember y'all are in my prayers. :)
Elder Willis :) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment