Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hey!! Hope you all are doing well. Sounds like its been a pretty dry winter for you guys over there. That's crazy. I've had more of a winter over here in the south. Haha... well since today was President's day the library was closed so we're over at our Bishop's office. He is an attorney.  He is like super smart.  In the room I'm in right now is where he has his sword collection. He has like 50 different swords. It's pretty weird.  My companion and I have nothing in common. He likes singing and show choirs and dance. Stuff like that. It's been a struggle but it's getting better. That's just a mission. Learning to deal with things that your not comfortable with. There is only like 2 weeks until transfers though and President kinda already hinted to me what was going to happen. So I'll let you know in a couple weeks what happens. I'll make it though. Yeah I got the package that Aunt Laura sent me. Haha those fart bombs were pretty cool. During our personal study the other day I let one off and it stunk up the whole house. My companion got pretty mad at me but I thought it was funny. I had to get a good laugh somehow. Anyways my week was pretty good. It has been pretty warm here lately. Yeah I think this week its supposed to be in the 70's. I'm so ready for the warmer weather. This past week we just did a lot of service. We had this older lady we go over and see. She's not a member.   We taught her about the Plan of Salvation this past week. It went really good. I asked her to read 3 Nephi 11. I asked her if she could read it tonight and she was like no but I will read it within the next few days. Then she wanted us to come over the next morning and rake her leaves. So we go over there and we were talking with her and she told me she already read 3 Nephi 11. It was pretty cool. She is progressing along slowly. Then for a couple nights this week we did service for Bishop's family. He bought an old antebellum house and they are trying to remodel it. So we're helping them out a couple nights a week. Then we also had to help another older couple move a huge refrigerator into their bakery. It's pretty cool because they let the missionaries get cupcakes whenever they want. That was about all that happened this week. After church yesterday we had a linger longer. It's just where everyone stays after and we all eat a big lunch. It can really only work for small congregations. I remember we used to do that when I was in Opelousas. Well I hope you all have another good week. I love y'all and pray for you.
Elder Willis :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment