Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hey!!
Its crazy that you guys didn't really have a winter this year. That's so weird. Haha this week for me the weather was super nice. It's been pretty humid so it feels really hot. It's starting to feel like summer is just right around the corner. I can't wait for the summer weather. It's super hot but it feels so good at night time. Nothing can beat a southern summer night. The only bad thing about this warmer weather is all the mosquitoes are starting to come out.  People always joke that the state bird in the south is the mosquito. It's weird to think that baseball already has started. Baseball season was always way fun. I always thought baseball season was the funnest even though I liked playing basketball the most. Well my week was alright.  I went on exchanges for a day this week. One of the missionaries in Alexandria came to Natchez with me. It was Elder Rennie. We were in the mtc together. I haven't really seen him since we came out because he has been in this same zone his whole mission. So it was super cool to be able to hang out with him for a little bit. It was fun. We went and taught the  lady that we go see sometimes. We had a pretty good lesson with her. She asked us what she can do to become a better person. So I was flipping through my scriptures just thinking of something I could tell her then it landed on a talk I have glued in my scriptures.  It's "what manner of men ought ye to be" by President Hunter. So I just ripped it out of my scriptures and told her to read it. Hopefully that talked helped her out a little bit. But yeah next week is transfers so I'll email on Tuesday and let you know everything that's going on. I am really hoping that something will change :) The rest of my week was pretty good. So next Yuesday is Mardi Gras!!! :) People celebrate it all week long. They have parades and stuff all week long. It started this past weekend. We went to a parade with Bishop's family. It was a lot of fun. I'll send some pictures. People are just throwing beads and stuffed animals and all kinds of stuff. It was pretty crazy. I got hit in the face a couple of times with some beads. I ended up getting like 20 beads. So that was a lot of fun. Then on Saturday we helped out Bishop all day fixing up his house. We helped him out bu moving like 300 pieces of lumber to his back yard. We didn't get done until like 8 30. It was a long day. So that was pretty much my week. Well hope you all have a good week. I love you all!!
Elder Willis :) :)



Pictures from the Mardi Gras Parade



One of the Antebellum homes in town

No comments:

Post a Comment