Tuesday, February 19, 2013




 

Hello!!

So tomorrow is transfers and everything is still staying the same. Haha that will make me and my companion together for 4 transfers...a quarter of our mission together. The first 2 transfers with him were pretty rough. But now I'm just like it's whatever. I have been with him for so long I can deal with him. This will make about a year for him in St. Amant. I think he is ready to get out of this area. I don't mind this area at all. This is probably one of the best areas in the mission. Plus I was in Opelousas for a while which is probably one of the least desirable areas so I'm happy to be here. This kind of worked out good for me too because this means that I'll probably be at the transfer meeting that Trevor will be at when he gets here. So I'll probably be able to see him. I did get the valentine package you sent me. I don't want to hurt your feelings mom but I just gave all the cookies you made to the other elders. They say thank you Sister Willis :) I just don't like eating junk food anymore. (This is a comment from mom.....YEA!!) I'm trying to get back in shape. I guess you could say I kind of hibernated from working out during the winter. I'm trying to get back in my excersice routine. That's so cool that Ashlee should be getting her call this week. I'm excited to see where she goes. Yeah... if you want to try to send me a little video that will be fine. I'm not sure if it will work but you can try. She will probably go somewhere in the states. They are trying to send more missionaries in the states so they won't have to spend time teaching them the language. I guess they just want the missionaries in and out of the MTC and get them going. All the bishops from around here had a meeting with L. Tom Perry and our bishop was telling us during the meeting Elder Perry said the church projects about 70-80,000 missionaries in the field by the end of the year and by the end of like 2015 they should have about 100,000 missionaries out. That's just nuts to think about. In the Doctrine and Covenants the Lord says that he will hasten the work in its time. That prophecy is being fulfilled for sure. It's getting down to crunch time. I'ts awesome to be a part of this. Anyways my week was a pretty good one. Nothing really happened. We had a pretty good lesson with the Dubois. We just played a review game with all the things we have taught so far. The kids really enjoyed it. Sis Dubois still is not getting anywhere it seems like. We are really struggling on what to teach her. I think this week we are just going to have a lesson on Jesus Christ and read scriptures that talk about him. Then show a little video on Jesus Christ. We are running out of things to teach her. This is the transfer that she will either get baptized or we are going to have to stop coming over and teaching her. I don't want to stop teaching her but we are getting to that point where we have taught her everything that we can teach her. She is really the only person we are working with right now. Everyone else that kind of showed some interest we havent been able to talk to. We will just have to wait and see what all happens. Nothing else has really been going on. This week should be pretty cool though because I think on Friday we are going to have a fireside with the BYU baseball team. I guess this week they have some series against LSU and South Eastern so they want to hold a fireside for all the missionaries. I think that should be pretty cool. I'll have to tell you about it next week. Anyways that's really all I got this week. Talk to you guys next week. Love you.

Elder Willis



 
 
This is a picture taken down in New Orleans.  A member took them down to visit.  Tyler says he doesn't like this picture because it makes him look fat......He says....".I'm not as big as it looks." :)We are just excited to get a picture and thinks he looks pretty good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment