Monday, August 13, 2012

Hello Family!!!
How is everyone doing? Hope everyone is doing fine. I'm doing pretty good. This week went by pretty fast. Maybe cause we are always pretty busy. Alot of cool things and interesting things happened to me this week I guess. But I'm starting to get really comfortable here. The people here are pretty awesome. I'm not totally comfortable yet but still way better than last week. So I'll tell you a little about my week. We really don't teach very many lessons. We just visit alot of members and less actives. We are trying to find more people to teach. I think we taught like 2 or 3 lessons to an investigator this week. And I still haven't even bought any groceries yet haha. We got fed almost every night this week. I love getting fed by people. Let's see one night a family fed us rice and macaroni and cheese. That was a little different but it was fine with me. I pretty much just eat anything now. I'm not very picky anymore. Another night we went to this couple that lived in a 2 room house. 1 room was the bedroom and the other room was the kitchen and living room. It was sad to see. They didn't even have a table for us to eat at. We had to sit on the couch and eat our dinner. It was hard to see their living conditions. They are probably the strongest family in the church too. They are awesome. They have 1 kid and he is mentally handicapped but they still go to church and try to help people out as much as they can. I'ts really hard for me to see how some people suffer here. Another cool thing that happened. Saturday night me and Elder Ageda were just walking around in the ghetto in Opelousas. We came across this one black lady. We talked to her for a little bit and gave her a Book of Mormon. She told us that Sunday afternoon they were having a neighborhood BBQ and she wanted us to come to it. So Sunday after church we went over to her house. When we were walking up there were like 3 black guys outside smokin and drinkin. They looked like thugs. They saw us and got all excited and told us to go inside and get some of their food. So we go inside and there were like 50 black people in the house. Everyone was so excited to see us. They didn't know who we were but they knew we were church people so they loved us. They got us food and drinks. They were way friendly. Everyone was trying to talk to us. There were probably like 50 people there and I was the only white person haha. I didn't feel out of place at all.  There were some mean looking people there though. haha  Last night we went and talked to a less active family in our ward. the Longorias.....yes they are related to Evan Longoria. I'ts Evan Longoria's uncle. He is way cool. He used to play in the MLB  for a little while too He has a whole room filled with Evan Longoria stuff. So me and him pretty much talked about baseball the whole time. So that was my week. Everyday it seems like something interesting happens. Every p day our whole zone goes and plays basketball at the chapel. So later on I'm going to play bball which is always fun. I'm still moving along and doing good. I love you all and miss you!

This picture is for Matthew!


Elder Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment